Join us for the Support Your Schools Levy Dinner & Auction!

January 3, 2013

Join the Citizens for Ridgefield School and your fellow community members at the Support Your Schools Levy Donation Dinner & Auction!

* When? Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 6:00 p.m.
* Where? Ridgefield Community Center (210 N. Main Ave)
* How? Contact Scott Gullickson to RSVP (scott@gatewaynationalcorp.com)

Dinner and entertainment will be provided! It’ll be a great time as well as a great opportunity to support our schools!

Interested in helping out? The Citizens for Ridgefield Schools raises all funds used to help pass levies (and bonds). Donations of money, goods, and services are greatly appreciated! Contact Scott Gullickson (scott@gatewaynationalcorp.com) for more information on donations and volunteer opportunities!

Investment in children’s success requires funding of critical needs

January 2, 2013

The proposed school levy is not a new tax but merely replaces an existing local levy that expires in 2013. Ridgefield, like other public schools, relies heavily on local taxes. In Ridgefield, our local levy funds are roughly 20 percent of the total operating costs of the district. Currently the district receives 80 percent of its operating expenses from state and federal sources. The local community pays the remaining 20 percent to keep the schools operating and providing necessary educational programs.

Drama, athletics, maintenance, transportation, STEM, textbooks, technology, CISPUS, para-educators, and utilities are funded by levy dollars. Local levy funds pay for programs that are critical to student success. We must continue investment in our children’s future by funding these critical needs.

The Ridgefield School District provides a high quality education as can be witnessed by recently released test scores  when compared to results both county and statewide. Ridgefield is fiscally responsible and has the lowest levy rate in Clark County. I ask for your continued support of the levy so that we can maintain “Community Schools with Great Results.”

Scott Gullickson

Originally posted on The Reflector on Wednesday, January 2, 2013: Investment in children’s success requires funding of critical needs

The Reflector (logo)

Ridgefield levy necessary

December 31, 2012

The proposed Ridgefield school levy is not a new tax but merely replaces an existing local levy that expires in 2013. Ridgefield, like other public schools, relies heavily on local taxes.

In Ridgefield, our local levy funds roughly 20 percent of total operating costs of the district. Currently, the district receives 80 percent of its operating expenses from state and federal sources. The local community pays the remaining 20 percent to keep the schools operating and providing necessary educational programs. Drama, athletics, maintenance, transportation, STEM, textbooks, technology, CISPUS, para-educators, and utilities are funded by levy dollars. Local levy funds pay for programs that are critical to student success.

We must continue investment in our children’s future by funding these critical needs. The Ridgefield School District provides a high-quality education as can be witnessed by recently released test scores when compared with results both county- and statewide. Ridgefield is fiscally responsible and has the lowest levy rate in Clark County. I ask for your continued support of the levy so that we can maintain Ridgefield’s mission of “Community Schools with Great Results.”

Scott Gullickson
Ridgefield

Originally posted on The Columbian on Monday, December 31, 2012: Ridgefield levy necessary

The Columbian Logo